Dallas 18 Wheeler Accident Attorneys Help Victims Understand Legal Options
02/22/2011 // Dallas, TX, USA // 1800-CarWreck // (press release)
A trucking accident, which is also commonly referred to as an 18 wheeler accident, is regarded as one of the most severe accident types that can occur due to the frequency of fatal injuries that result. When one is involved in this type of accident, it is important for injured victims to know what their legal options are, which is important for getting their lives back in order. The Dallas 18 wheeler accident attorneys of 1800-CarWreck have outlined five key items they believe everyone should know in the event they become involved in a trucking accident.
What Everyone Should Know
* Medical attention should be sought immediately – Even if one does not exhibit signs of injury immediately, it is important that individuals seek the proper medical attention after an accident to ensure that any injury can be effectively treated.
* Insurance companies act in the best interest of their clients – Insurance company representatives may attempt to persuade injured accident victims that they have little to no liability in one’s accident, often getting them to settle for less than fair offers for compensation. It important to understand what is in one’s own best interest in trying to reach a settlement with responsible parties after an accident.
* The law is one the side of injured victims – The law outlines provisions for ensuring that injured accident victims can be justly compensated for any damages that result from their accident. Understanding one’s rights is essential for ensuring that fair compensation is obtained.
* Record keeping is important – Keeping track of important documents related to one’s accident, including medical bill statements, correspondence from insurance companies, and other items is necessary for helping build a successful case against those liable for an accident.
* You can consult with a personal injury attorney for free – A qualified personal injury attorney does not typically charge a consultation fee for those seeking to consult with them about their case. Many also take these types of cases on a contingency basis, and only seek reimbursement if the case is won; therefore a lack of money does not have to be a factor for those seeking to enforce their legal rights to compensation after being injured in an accident.
The attorneys of 1800-CarWreck have over a combined fifty years of experience helping injured accident victims in Texas obtain just compensation for damages resulting from their injury.